Construction projects can be dangerous for those on and around site. You, your employees, your surveyors, your inspectors, the public and many others could be subject to risk at your construction site/job. You can’t always control what happens, so comprehensive cover is essential.
Our trade insurance policies can cover a multitude of facets, including:
- Public and employers’ liability insurance to cover you against injury caused to employees or members of the public as well as damage to third party property. Employers’ liability insurance is required by law.
- Cover for your assets including stock and materials as well as plant and machinery, whether owned or hired. This is to protect them in the case of a storm, fire, theft etc.
- Contract works insurance can cover the property being worked upon. If the contract works (e.g. an extension that the contractor is building) is damaged by an insured peril it could mean having to do the work twice so this cover is strongly recommended.
Arranging insurance for tradesmen and contractors with C&M carries a number of benefits:
- Tailored to your business’s unique requirements
- Reputable insurers with wide policy coverage
- Free access to risk management tools, depending on the insurer
- Legal expenses cover usually included automatically
Depending on the trade, extra covers may be included automatically, such as directors’ and officers’ liability, professional indemnity and efficacy cover (the latter of which covers damages resulting from failure to perform. This may be useful for an alarm company that installs intruder and fire alarms, for example.)